1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Glasgow vacancies

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by vforvendetta, May 20, 2011.

1. vforvendetta

vforvendetta New commenter

I notice that Glasgow has posted vacancies for physics/chemistry/biology teachers, amongst others. Does anyone know if there are any real jobs? Is Glasgow setting up a permanent supply pool, or are they just looking to bolster their supply lists? Last I heard Glasgow had numerous surplus teachers in Physics, so why are they suddently advertising. Is this just a case of the LA worrying that all us supply teachers will be walking away from teaching once the new pay rates come into effect?

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Probably. Makes sense from their point of view. The business manager who has employed me for over 4 years, on and off, is getting very twitchy at the thought that Mrs Old and Reliable (yeah that's me, mo-fos [​IMG]) may not be there come August. So come on School!!!!!! get yir heid-gear intae operation . . . . . we all know what the answer is, even though the LA will not be happy? All they need to do is keep me on a rolling 'contract' day to day, week by week, just like they have been. I could survive.
    Have they? Funk me! I have looked for certain LA@s coming out on Myjobbie and Glasgow didn't have any advertised (today at any least). Have they hidden them elsewhere?