1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Glasgow University Primary Teaching 2012

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by Clairemcxx, Feb 16, 2012.

1. I recently found out that i got an unconditional offer for Glasgow University to study Primary Teaching, which i am so happy about. Anyone else know if they are in? would be nice to meet people who are also starting in September.
    Claire

2. I recently found out that i got an unconditional offer for Glasgow University to study Primary Teaching, which i am so happy about. Anyone else know if they are in? would be nice to meet people who are also starting in September.
    Claire

3. Hi Claire

I also recently got accepted into glasgow for primary and edinburgh for PE. I'm likely going to glasgow due to the cost of living in edinburgh. I cant wait to start but i'm wondering why most people prefer Strathclyde, I feel glasgow uni is so much nicer.

4. Hi there,

I got a conditional offer, just need to get the head down and finish maths and english courses now although a place on the course is motivation enough!
    Would be great to know some faces before sep

Erin x

5. Hey everyone,

I got an unconditional for Glasgow Primary, so exicted! Counting down the weeks now until I can officially hand in my notice at work. Just to let you all know that someone has mentioned that the course starts in August, around about the 16th or so i think. Unlike all the other courses, this runs with the schools' term times.

Would be happy to meet anyone for a coffee beforehand.

Pauline [​IMG]

6. Hey

I also have an unconditional for Glasgow Primary Education, and I'm very excited to start! I wasn't expecting an offer because I'm non Catholic.

I think I'm going to attend the open day next month to get a better feel of the Uni!

x

7. Aww it's good to hear that you guys are also going to Glasgow. I think I will be doing catholic teaching... Fun times haha, I haven't heard anything about early starts, but after a year off I'm just excited to get started! Just don't want to be the loner with no friends haha. xx

8. On my UCAS it says the course starts September 14th, I haven't heard anything about early starts either! I feel the exact same, don't want to have no friends for 4 years haha! Do any of you guys know any of the options for the liberal arts programmes? xx

9. Aw I see! Well that's fair enough then :) I don't know why I went really haha, was good experience I suppose but I don't think it went to well.. I'm going to go to the open day for Glasgow just because I haven't really spoke to anyone from there so I'm kinda worried xx

10. Yeah I was quite surprised that I haven't heard any furher info from Glasgow other than you have been accepted. Do you live locally or would you be travelling to Uni ? :) xx

11. Yea me too, its weird! Yea, I'll most likely get the bus :) What about you? xx

12. Yeah I live in inverclyde so I Am about 40 mins away by train. So not too bad.... I say that now but come the 9am starts I will not be happy getting the 7:15 train! :s not the best morning person! xx

13. Oh goodness, me either! I'm awful at getting up.. I live so close to my school so I'm not used to having to get up early to travel! I think I'll be about 30 minutes if I get the bus :) xx

14. Well I've been out of school since Finishing last May, so half 10 ha become early for me!! :s cos when I'm working it's at 11 earliest... Clearly I've made the most of my year out ;) xxx

15. Haha I've never been a morning person but since leaving school last may half 10 has become early for me! Haha when I'm working it's 11 earliest so god knows how I'll survive after September ;) xx

16. Hi, i've recently just got an offer for Primary Education in Glasgow! i'm moving over from Ireland by myself so i'm extremely nervous!xxx

17. Hi Claire! I got an unconditional offer too.. was hoping to meet people here who are in the same boat as me as I dont know anybody! x kate x

18. I'm moving from Ireland too.. :) where are you from? x

19. Hi I'm from Ireland too and moving over for the PGDE at Uni of Glasgow!
    Extremely nervous and excited. I'm from Dublin. What about you, where are you from?

20. Hi! im from Armagh! :) what about you? x