1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Glasgow PGDE 2012 interview

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by susanr01, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Hello,I have an interview coming up at glasgow Uni for this yeasr 2012 course.
    Just wondering if anyone has recently had an interview, or also got one coming up, and has any advice? I think iv covered most areas; CfE, current issues, why i want to teach, what experience I have; just worried theres something big or that is likely to be asked that I have missed out??!!
    Im also in a bit of a panic as i cannot find my Highers certificate, I have ordered a replica one which might take up to 2 weeks to arrive meaning it wont be here for the interview; has this happened to anyone else? :S

Thanks

2. Hello,I have an interview coming up at glasgow Uni for this yeasr 2012 course.
    Just wondering if anyone has recently had an interview, or also got one coming up, and has any advice? I think iv covered most areas; CfE, current issues, why i want to teach, what experience I have; just worried theres something big or that is likely to be asked that I have missed out??!!
    Im also in a bit of a panic as i cannot find my Highers certificate, I have ordered a replica one which might take up to 2 weeks to arrive meaning it wont be here for the interview; has this happened to anyone else? :S

Thanks

3. Hi, I can't help with the interview questions as I am waiting for my interview (and its at Strathclyde) but I had to reorder my certificates and although I was told it could take up to 28 days it only took 8 (ordered on Tues, arrived the following Wed) so fingers crossed they will arrive for you! They told me the busiest times for them are between June-September so hopefully its nice and quiet for them so you will receive them quickly! Good luck with everything! x

4. aleaiactaest

aleaiactaest New commenter

On the certificate point, my interview is on Tuesday morning, and I'm in the same boat of waiting for a replacement certificate. I called the education admissions office and explained they said out would be ok to sit the interview, note when they were going through documents that I'm pending a replacement cert and obviously any potential offer could be conditional on the replacement. Hope this helps, though it may be worth giving then a quick call to check.

Kevin.

5. thanks for the help and advice guys, i did phone the uni and they confirmed it would be ok to interview without my certificates just to explain the situation when the interviewer or whoever goes through the documents check list at start, phew!

Has anyone had an interview already; if so what was it like? how long did each part last? what kind of things did they ask, how many in each group etc??

Thanks
    Susan

6. Hi Susan

Is it Primary or Secondary that you applied for? Let me know as I had my interview with Strathclyde for Secondary on the 20th and have been given an unconditional. I couldn't advise on Primary but could on Secondary.

7. An unconditional!!!

CONGRATS!

Any tips?

What subject was it for?

8. This is killing me you think were gona hear any time soon at all???

9. ive not heard anything yet, my interview was the first lot, my gttr status says stop, does anyone elses say the same?? xx

10. just heard that I got in, unconditional. So relieved! hope everyone hears back soon :)

11. well done, thats fantastic news xxxx

12. Thank you....hope you get some good news soon

13. me too, when did they e-mail you?? x

14. i got email at 6 tngt... conditional!! just need to show my highers certificate when i receive it, its currently in post so should b fine !! :)

15. you must be very relieved :) i'm still doing maths int 2 and literature 1 , should have results in may, brain is fried with it all:) x

16. Got my email around 5.30. Did you get a conditional echristie?

17. i've not heard anything yet so thinking i've prob not got in but if i did then yeah it would be a conditional offer, trying to not keep checking my e-mails and gttr status but its too hard!! x

18. Same :) major sigh Of relief!! Hope everyone else hears soon.

19. are emails being sent out at this late hour? im refreshing like mad but not sure whether there's much point if most emails have been sent out at the latest 6pm.
    also...dya reckon it's alphabetical?? argh!

20. just checked the gttr home page and it says that all staff are on a training day tomorrow and wont be back in the office until 8.30 am monday morning so might mean we wont find out either way until next week :(x