1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GL Progress Tests

Discussion in 'Primary' started by laolao, Dec 9, 2015.

1. laolao

laolao New commenter

Hi everyone,

We are hoping to use the GL Progress Tests in English, Maths and Science in our school and are looking for some feedback from any schools who use them.

How does your school administer them- is it once a year or twice a year?

Do you use the Level 5 test at the start of Year 1? Do you use the same test at the end of Year 1 or the Level 6 as stated on the website?

The tests look pretty tricky and we have some worries!

Thank you!

2. wayneski100

wayneski100 New commenter

We have used them now for just over a year. We follow the guidelines and administer them at the stated level at the stated time of year, e.g. year 1 start with test 5 in autumn then do test 6 in the summer.

Overall they are good for showing progress and attainment, and also they show gaps in learning which is probably the most important thing.

The first time we used them we had some erratic results, we put this down to them being computer based and something that the children were not use to tackling. Feel free to PM if you have any specific questions.

3. laolao

laolao New commenter

Thanks very much for your feedback Wayneski. Will PM you if there we have more questions.

4. star9

star9 New commenter

Hi. We have used them for the first time ths term. My staff liked them. We used the paper based versions which we sent away to get marked. We had all the feedback within 2 weeks, which was great. I agree, they are good at pinpointing gaps

5. surfncanoe

surfncanoe New commenter

Hi all
    I am also looking into using the PTE and PTM tests in a secondary school setting. Any views on how good they are?
    Thanks
    Ian