1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Giving up...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon261, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Just wanted to say thanks for all your help, but i've had enough now and i'm moving on.

I may well try again in 10 years time when the jobs market has settled down, but after 5 years of trying to get into teaching I've finally be ground down so much that I've had enough.

All the best to everyone else trying to get into teaching
    Sara

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

So sorry to hear you've finally had to throw in the towel, but undeerstand completely the reasons behind the decision.
    I've already decided if I haven't got a post by next September, I'll have to really start looking at TA, CS whatever!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh dear!
    I don't know whether to be sad or angry about this situation that you two - and many others - find yourselves in.
    Probably a bit of both.
    Gilbert - you go with all our very best wishes.
    The next Applications Workshop I'm doing that still has vacancies is on Friday 25th February. www.tesweekendworkshop15.eventbrite.com

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for more details of how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

4. That's so sad to hear Gilbert but I know how you feel. I posted something similar a few weeks back and you tried your best to keep me going so I guess I'll do the same to you. Keep applying because you ner know when the school for you will be out there. I've got an application in now. Closing date was 1pm yesterday so I'm on tenterhook wondering when they'll be shortlisting and if I'll make that fateful list.
    I had an interview in a nursery last week and have been invited to a trial day (as I'm trained higher up school they want to make sure I like it before giving me a formal offer). I've also got an interview this week at a Children's home. Completely different to teaching but will give me additional qualifications and am hoping that if I don't teach I can be a family support worker/social worker.
    Although things look positive in that regard though I find myself saying "I want to be a teacher" and "that's all well and good but it's not teaching". Guess what I'm trying to say is, keep all your options open. I know I might end up working in a different field but I am always going to be keeping an eye out for that teaching job. To be honest interviews at other places or not I have everything crossed that I get this teaching post.
    Good luck in everything you do.

5. vou

vou

I'm really sorry to hear that but I don't blame you. May have to go along that route myself. Am putting it off for as long as possible. I guess a lot of people are in the same boat as me and you. But best wishes to you regardless of what you finally end up doing. :)