1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Giving... to say thanks before the holidays

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by jomaimai, Dec 17, 2015.

1. jomaimai

jomaimai Established commenter

What are you giving to the people that works around you?

Cards, chocolates...?

2. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

A little something I know they would like. Personal. One lady loves posh coffe, another galaxy chocs, another Lush bath bomb. Just like yo show appreciation for hard work.

3. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

Not yo, I mean 'to'

4. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Most people at my school have brought in staff room treats (including breakfast), which I think works well as there shouldn't be an expectation of having to give something. I'm giving my TA a bottle of wine but otherwise it was cake for everyone else.

5. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Something specific for one, I know what they would like. Something more general for the other, no idea what they would like.
    That's it!
    Will take some home-made, healthy and delicious treat bites in the new year when everyone is fed up with the dark, but trying not to indulge in naff food.

6. vannie

vannie Star commenter

We do secret santa so everybody gets a nice gift. I also give something to the TA's who work with me and a couple of closer colleagues. Prosecco this year as money has been a bit tight.

7. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

We used to do a Secret Santa for all the staff who wanted to. I used to give the staff in my room something. It varied over the years. Sometimes wine, sometimes the little sets they do in supermarkets with a glass and a a miniture. Other times little sets of handcream/soap etc. It I was lucky I might get a 3 for 2 deal. Tended to keep everyone pretty much the same as otherwise it could cause ill feeling.