1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Giving out A4 paper to 6th formers?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Karvol, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

It is your school policy. Why are you blaming the students for something that the adults can't sort out?

2. ferrisbueller

ferrisbueller New commenter

If I was the HT this would be a place I would look to make savings. Whose budget does all the A4 paper come out of?
    Must be costing the school a hell of alot of money. Just hope youe school isn't laying off staff. If it is then the HT is not managing the budget in an efficient way. Just hope the the media don't get onto this otherwise they will use it as yet another example of public sector funding mismanagement.

3. PaulDG

PaulDG Occasional commenter

When I was a student, it was perfectly normal for us to try to get as much paper as possible from the teachers.
    One teacher, who'd been to university in about 1955 I think, told us it had been normal for them too. He'd hoped he could collect enough paper from 6th form to see him through university.
    But he hadn't managed to obtain anywhere near enough.

4. At least 50% of one my post 16 classes dont bring pens let alone paper. Many also leave their work on the desk when they leave.
    Post 16 is often populated with job dodgers doing noddy courses. They were never good students in y7-11, many don't change when they get to post 16.
    I only give good students in post 16 any form of hand outs as I know there will be a good reason for them not having the correct kit