1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Giving it another go...

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by esmepoole, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hello all,

I graduated as a shaky NQT in 2008 feeling disillusioned with my course and unprepared for teaching. I trained as an art teacher for F.E. and after around three years of telling myself I can't do it, I now really want to go for it - it was one of the hardest years of my life, so I may as well! However, I am not sure of the best way to get back in to it and wonder whether or not I need to retrain. I've been working in administration since I graduated, but spent around 9 months working in a college library, in 2009.
    Also, I'd like to teach 11 - 18 so I have a feeling I may have to do an add on as my course only covered 16 - 18.
    If anyone has any advice, please get in touch.
    Many thanks.

Abi

2. Hello all,

I graduated as a shaky NQT in 2008 feeling disillusioned with my course and unprepared for teaching. I trained as an art teacher for F.E. and after around three years of telling myself I can't do it, I now really want to go for it - it was one of the hardest years of my life, so I may as well! However, I am not sure of the best way to get back in to it and wonder whether or not I need to retrain. I've been working in administration since I graduated, but spent around 9 months working in a college library, in 2009.
    Also, I'd like to teach 11 - 18 so I have a feeling I may have to do an add on as my course only covered 16 - 18.
    If anyone has any advice, please get in touch.
    Many thanks.

Abi

3. Try asking James