1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Giving different tasks for mixed ability class

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by glynmanton, Feb 8, 2012.

1. glynmanton

glynmanton New commenter

Got copy of LA report following ofsted today for school - Is suggestion mixed ability classes (i.e.) have different activities for differentiation going on in each class. Lovely idea but achievable in business? Is it possible to ensure "progress for all" if they are all doing different classes

I differentiate by extend questions and directed questions - not be setting different tasks (I do have some up my sleeve for extention). Do any business teachers have any tips to share with me on the above- or advise on how a recent ofsted went?

Many thanks

2. glynmanton

glynmanton New commenter

Got copy of LA report following ofsted today for school - Is suggestion mixed ability classes (i.e.) have different activities for differentiation going on in each class. Lovely idea but achievable in business? Is it possible to ensure "progress for all" if they are all doing different classes

I differentiate by extend questions and directed questions - not be setting different tasks (I do have some up my sleeve for extention). Do any business teachers have any tips to share with me on the above- or advise on how a recent ofsted went?

Many thanks

3. glynmanton

glynmanton New commenter

Thanks for the tips- I like the "their" I do use but not enough and I probably spend too much time getting the explaination (theory right)
    Goo idea about giving the same task but alowing the output to change as result of student imput.