1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Give TES an early Christmas present

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

I'm largely resistant to marketing but my interests are such elsewhere on the Internet that I see ads connected with these. Several times a year I might see a product or service which matches my needs and I might buy that thing, but the mere fact of clicking on the ads which match my interests trains the advertising algorithms so that the ads I see from then on are related directly or tangentially to my interests. There is only so much space on a website that its owners will give over to ads, they might as well be adverts I enjoy and, frankly, it's not like ad-blockers don't use your CPU or track the sites that you visit.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  2. Vince_Ulam

What's not to like.

[​IMG]

Duke of York likes this.
  3. Vince_Ulam

Thank you, TES, for introducing me to the fantastic British radiator firm, Castrads.

[​IMG]

Handmade in Manchester with showrooms across the UK and also in Poland & Finland.

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Vince has bagsied himself sponsorship!

5. Vince_Ulam

They say you should never go shopping for food when you're hungry. Perhaps the same applies to domestic heating appliances and Winter.

They do a nice line in "school radiators".