1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GIST

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Lilyofthefield, May 13, 2010.

1. I don't know, first gripe about long waiting times and then worry when there isn't one! Some people are never satisfied...
    When you're back for the routine checkups, sitting in draughty corridors for an hour and a half, watching everyone jump your queue, you'll feel happier, mind
    xxx

2. and clothespegs are cheaper than BUPA btw

3. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Hi Lily - sorry to hear you've got to go through all this icky stuff. Here's hoping it's not too uncomfortable and everything goes really well.
    I've a fair few friends who talk about when they had cancer - with more effective treatments nowadays, the outlook is often very positive. Diagnosis is horrible to go through, but obviously preferable to the alternative.
    Hope it helps to know that there are concerned well-wishers all over the country - and further afield - sending you positive waves of get-betterness.

4. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

oh, meant to say, have you come across discussion of the benefits of turmeric? Don't want to be snakeoily, but you might want to consider it as a harmless and potentially helpful substance.
    Good excuse for a curry too?

5. I eat loads of it!
    It probably caused it [​IMG].

6. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Supposed to be very effective in putting stuff right

7. It's very effective as an antibiotic, antiviral treatment, esp on the skin. Not so sure about other effects.

8. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Has anyone suggested earplugs for your stay in hospital, Lily?
    Wards can be annoyingly noisy at night.
    And if you end up next to someone who talks nonsense, you can pop them in and nod and smile in blissful peace

9. When I was having an op donkeys' years ago I was next to an elderly lady with intermittent dementia who spent most of her waking hours yanking out her drain tube and the drips. I lived in terror of dropping off in case she decided to start on mine.

10. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

[​IMG]

WhenMr G had a knee op many years ago, the confused bloke in the bed opposite kept trying to smoke a fag, despite having an oxygen mask on. The nurses confiscated his lighter, but he kept getting matches from somewhere and tried to strike them on his locker. In the end they moved him into a room on his own - although it was probably just an excuse to go through his stuff in search of flammables

(Actually, don't know if I'm being helpful telling you this? [​IMG] )

11. Hey Lily,
    I popped in for a quick chat and a cuppa and heard the news- not really much more I can say that hasn't been said but I'll be thinking of you.
    Obviously, you are still quite scary and a force not to take on lightly!
    I'm thinking you may need a bloody big overnight case for all that stuff- so take a couple of handy porters with you.

thinking of you

12. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

All the best for tomorrow, Lily
    We'll be thinking of you

13. I also hope everything goes well tomorrow, Lily!

14. Hope the consultation goes well. Let's us know what's happening.

15. Yep. Good luck.

16. Thank you. Flapping a bit now!

17. Fingers and toes crossed for a swift sortout from me too!
    non x

18. Best of luck tomorrow Lily - I suggest putting that perfected withering glare to good use and forcing the fucker into submission ;)

19. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

You know my thoughts lily but I know from experience how encouraging a super-long thread is. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.