1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gimli loses it on Question Time!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by MAGAorMIGA, Apr 26, 2019.

1. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Lead commenter

2. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

I thought he was appalling. Caroline Lucas behaved with incredible dignity in the face of such overbearing misogyny. I wanted her to turn to her right and smack him in the face.

3. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Lead commenter

I don't want anyone to turn to the Right.

4. CraigCarterSmith

CraigCarterSmith Established commenter

Question Time is the Daily Mail Online Comment section invited personally to come into a room and fight any dissenting voice, also was Farage or Billy Mitchell or Hendron not available this week - oh but i see they had the "audience" member Jennings who up for charges for racial hatred - BBC's gotta BBC :rolleyes:

hasn't been fit for purpose in quite a while, however just watching the viral video of that exchange and him doing his best John Proctor "OH WOMAN" (I commend Lucas for her rational response, if he'd spoke to me like that, i think I would've warmed his jaw) it really does make me despair at just how inept Fiona Bruce actually is as chair - although Ryhs-Davies is like a "build your own Brexiteer" in 60 easy issues - first issue only £1 (68p) *

in Short BBCQT = silly shouty nonsense with heightened drama for attention and clicks and more plants than gardeners world

*Subsequent issues £44m a year*

5. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Rhys-Davies was the only panellist who offered practical solutions, the only adult on the panel.

Lucas was a waste of space.

artboyusa, border_walker and lexus300 like this.
  6. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

She specializes in interupting people because she cannot wait to ram her green carp down everyones throat at every available opportunity.

7. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

She starts talking over him and shouting to make her point... he responded.

She was rude, simple as that.

Laphroig, artboyusa, lexus300 and 2 others like this.
  9. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Yes, it's QT. Happens several times each programme

BBCQT has gone so far downhill they'll be having Carl "Sargon of Akkad of the UKIPs" Benjamin on soon.

10. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Established commenter

I think he should have used a gender neutral expression.

11. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Didn't the remainers lose the popular vote just like Donald? Of course, by the processes in the USA Donald won the election so I suppose the remainers thought that they should have won the right to stay in the EU.

12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

It was almost as bad as Stephen Nolan's shows on BBC NI.

Scintillant likes this.
  13. smoothnewt

I don’t think you and I were watching the same programme last night.
    :confused:

14. Vince_Ulam

Ms Lucas talks over Mr. Rhys-Davies at time 15:16 and time 55:23.

The above is last night's edition of Question Time in full, despite the thumbnail representing an earlier week.

15. smoothnewt

Excellent! Then posters who were not privy to last night’s viewing will be able to be shocked themselves by Rhys-Davis’ boorish pomposity, not to mention his outdated environmental knowledge, which so frustrated Caroline Lucas.

16. Vince_Ulam

What environmental knowledge did he mention which is outdated?

17. smoothnewt

Watch Caroline Lucas shake her head whilst mouthing that he is way behind the times - in despair as he rants on. She isn’t given a right to reply by Fiona Bruce, who fails to manage the exchange at that point.

18. Vince_Ulam

I saw. She did not explain why in what ways she thinks wind & solar power have suddenly become so updated as to render nuclear power obsolete.

19. smoothnewt

Like I said, she was not given the opportunity due to the poor chairing of the ‘debate’.

theworm123 and sbkrobson like this.
  20. Vince_Ulam

Given her propensity for interruption so she had plenty of opportunities, nor did chairwoman Bruce rein her in.

lexus300 and border_walker like this.