1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gifts

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by megantw, Feb 27, 2012.

1. OK so in a fortnight or so I finish my first year teaching placement, I was just loooking for suggestions on what to buy for people.
    I'd like a present for my class mentor, (she doesn't drink and is settled down with husband and child).
    Something for the TA she's be incredibly helpful.
    I'd like a present for the staff generally in the staffroom.
    Something for my reception class.

2. OK so in a fortnight or so I finish my first year teaching placement, I was just loooking for suggestions on what to buy for people.
    I'd like a present for my class mentor, (she doesn't drink and is settled down with husband and child).
    Something for the TA she's be incredibly helpful.
    I'd like a present for the staff generally in the staffroom.
    Something for my reception class.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Chocolates for all of the first three...I mentor several students at the moment and so am hoping for lots of choccies and wine in the next few weeks!

For the class some books always go down well. Or special cushions, glittery is good.

4. I always buy things for the classroom.....I've bought them an ant observation farm thingy from baker ross this time...I know the class would love it.x

5. jaimexuk

jaimexuk New commenter

Yankee Candles!!
    I had 2 teachers that I worked closely with who I brought Yankee Candle diffusers for, I brought my mentor a gift box that they made up for me in the shop and I brought the dead of dept a Medium Jar. They loved them, and the Yankee Candle shop wraps them too... ta-da!

6. I got my class Amazon vouchers to use on books for their brand new class Kindles.
    I didn't get the teachers anything extra...

7. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

I don't know why, but all of my recent batches of trainees have bought me gin...
    ...maybe I do know why!

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

oooooo maybe I should start dropping hints!