1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

gifted and talented

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by mikle, May 18, 2011.

1. My school is going big on G&T. they want us to put students on a register. We are all very uncomfortable with this. There are such a wide range of skills, and some students have some and not others. Some girls are genuinly good at designing but lack confidnece in making. Some boys are good at making, but can barely draw or write. KS4 it is a bit easier, but how do you identify students at KS3. Any experience or advice?

2. My school is going big on G&T. they want us to put students on a register. We are all very uncomfortable with this. There are such a wide range of skills, and some students have some and not others. Some girls are genuinly good at designing but lack confidnece in making. Some boys are good at making, but can barely draw or write. KS4 it is a bit easier, but how do you identify students at KS3. Any experience or advice?

3. I have a set of criteria I developed for our faculty as this is one of my responsibilities.If you would like a copy message me. I think D and T is an area it is easy to spot students who are G and T and its good that they may not be the maths geniuses in the school as well (though they may be)