1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gifted and talented writer!

Discussion in 'English' started by lucy1986, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me!
    I have a child who started my year 5 class as a 5a writer. We currently do 'big write' every Friday and I am struggling to give this child targets. I have been using the app grids for level 6 and 7 writing, and everything I teach her she just gets how to do it and uses it instantly.
    I am stuck for targets. The lit coordinator told me to get intouch with the local secondary school (which I have) but they have not got back in touch.
    I feel that I am failing this child as she has no targets :(
    Please help!
    x

2. Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me!
    I have a child who started my year 5 class as a 5a writer. We currently do 'big write' every Friday and I am struggling to give this child targets. I have been using the app grids for level 6 and 7 writing, and everything I teach her she just gets how to do it and uses it instantly.
    I am stuck for targets. The lit coordinator told me to get intouch with the local secondary school (which I have) but they have not got back in touch.
    I feel that I am failing this child as she has no targets :(
    Please help!
    x

3. Use setting to create atmosphere and character mood. Range of sentence construction to add pace/tension etc. Write in a particular genre. That kind of thing?