1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gift ideas for folk we don't like

Discussion in 'Personal' started by eatmoney, Dec 14, 2011.

1. We're having a secret Santa at work at I've been lucky enough to have my head as my recipient. This wouldn't otherwise be a problem if she wasn't the personification of all things putrid and miserable. Any ideas?

And no she won't know it's from me :) it's all anonymous

2. I'd be very careful if I were you.
    The year I organised Secret Santa, people came to me and asked who'd bought their present.
    By a proccess of elimination and piecing together snippets of conversation in the staffroom, its possible to work it out.

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

A copy of Machiavelli's 'The Prince' so she can compare notes?

4. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

One of those really cheesy calendars with her name (preferably Mrs XX) on every page. Truly tasteless and if she does work it out then she's just think that you have bad taste!

5. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

The (Santa) sack! It's my present to my former Head. Season's Greetings, Sir! May all your nightmares and salary-free problems be big ones! [​IMG]

6. Dump in her handbag and sign it SMT.

7. Someone once sent our old Head some humbugs. It was a genuinely thoughtful present because she knew that he liked boiled sweets but he took umbrage and thought that someone was suggesting he was full of humbug!
    The person who sent it was mortified - Oh the joys of secret santa!

8. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

tee hee
    [​IMG]

9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

The Idiots Guide to Happiness/Joy/Humanity/Gratitude/Kindness . . . there must be something.

10. casper

casper New commenter

I did see in a local department store a plastic person on a card. It said 'Grow your own boss' he he