1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gift for Mentor

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by ela86, Jul 7, 2011.

1. ela86

ela86 New commenter

Chocolates? Wine? A Thankyou mug?

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Personalised notebook/file etc?

3. singinintherain

singinintherain New commenter

That's a lovely idea.

4. I bought my mentor a gift voucher for a day out that she could share with her grandson, something that would bring pleasure (I hope) to her and not something that would benefit the school.

5. I bought a nice box and filled with homemade cookies. Mentor loved it.

6. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I got wine for my mentor & TA on both PGCE placements.

7. Caroline_p3

Caroline_p3 New commenter

i really don't know what to get my mentor. Last year i brought my PGCE mentors chocolates and wine and this year my NQT mentor has been 'out of this world' amazing and i don't feel like the same gift it enough.
    I'm thinking maybe purfume or jewellery of some description, it is so hard!!!

8. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

You should know them well enough to be able to get something slightly more personal than chocs/wine, unless you know that they are a chocoholic or a wineaholic!

9. singinintherain

singinintherain New commenter

Thank you for all of your ideas. I've decided on a personalised gift hamper. Merci!

10. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL I hope my NQT doesn't get me anything, I think I owe her more than she owes me!

However chocolates would be just perfect...