1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gibb says education must remain internationalist after Brexit.

Discussion in 'Education news' started by phlogiston, Jul 5, 2019.

1. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

https://www.tes.com/news/gibb-education-must-stay-internationalist-post-brexit

Every so often, there's a flurry of interest in things like Shanghai maths.
    Where I work, I can't see any trends in our education system that seem particularly internationalist. I'd say we've become rather more inward looking.
    However, I welcome contributions from those who can point me towards real internationalism in schools.
    I think he's having a laugh though.

2. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

He talks so much ****.

Blathers on about evidence and then ignores all of it that doesn't fit his agenda.

What have they introduced from the highly successful Finnish system? The one that treats pupils and teachers like human beings?

3. moscowbore

moscowbore Senior commenter

REMAIN internationalist????

What a ridiculous joke.

phlogiston, JL48 and Scintillant like this.
  4. applecrumblebumble

applecrumblebumble Lead commenter

Just sounds like an excuse for expensive jollies to faraway places. The best bit was, he was presenting the DFE recruitment and retention strategy. That will be the one that has not met its target for recruitment for the last 6 years and has seen retention fall for 5 or is it 6 years, I lost count.

phlogiston and blazer like this.
  5. gainly

gainly Established commenter

Maybe he means they are going to bring in more overseas teachers.

6. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

They won't pay them enough to hit the earnings target!