1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ghostly activity returns to chez ork...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Orkrider2, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

That's enough of that young man

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Fnarr fnarr!

3. Nellyfuf2

Nellyfuf2 Lead commenter

Spine tingling tales
    We knew someone who lived somewhere remote up the Dales. Later a man from StarTrek lived there I have forgotten his name...
    Anyway
    Some workmen were up there and they were feeling uncomfortable. As if someone was watching them. They later went to the local pub and asked by a local where they were working? And the local said " Something watches you up there".
    Secondly
    In a part of a former mental hospital there was reputed to be a spook , in one of the ward complexes, that turned the lights on and off, locked the doors and generally made itself a nuisance.
    Accordingly I witnessed times when the Sound system at a Disco for example - this was suddenly turned up to maximum volume when no one was nearby.
    One night we locked the building and went to get in the car. I noticed a light was on in one of the side rooms. I encouraged my colleague to go and turn it off. First he looked through the window. Then he went inside, the light went off and he came back out. I said, "You'll feel better for turning off that light".
    He replied "I didn't turn it off" . So we contacted the hospital and reported an electrical fault and they went "Ha we'll check it out but there won't be anything wrong".
    Years later now, we had a meeting in the haunted building and it was empty except for us - during the meeting three people reacted strangely. One said "What's that noise?" Another said "OO I feel cold" and the third leapt up because he had seen something pass the window in the door. So off he went to check the building was empty and it was. So we finished the meeting quickly and left quite quickly too.
    I saw, heard, felt nothing. I did feel disappointed about this.
    Moving on some years and again it was the end of the session, late at night and dark I found I had left a stapler in the art room some way down the corridor. I had locked up and turned off the lights on my way back to the main rooms. After considering it I realised I had to go get the stapler because otherwise it would be gone by next week...
    so off I went, a bit nervy, turning on the lights and I got to the art room, unlocked the door, took out my stapler, locked the door and began to return up the corridor.
    In the corridor were large, heavy, glass fire doors. They were never locked. They were never closed. Not one of us would have known which key to use to lock or open them.
    I noticed immediately that the fire door was closed so I just pushed on it and it would not open. Panic set in. I bungled through all the keys on the key ring fearing I would have to try them all to get out. I noticed that the lock hole was a round brass hole such as I have in an old door at home - there was one long brass spiral key on the fob so I tried that. It fit and I ran up the corridor back to the other people in a right state.
    "That's not funny " I shouted. They looked bemused.
    I said "You locked me in"
    They said.
    "You have got the keys so how could we?"

monicabilongame likes this.