1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ghostly activity returns to chez ork...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Orkrider2, Oct 24, 2018.

1. nomad

nomad Star commenter

On the other hand...

Muuuaaahahahaha!

[​IMG]

grumpydogwoman and stopwatch like this.
  2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Arn''t there overflows in cold water loft tanks in some houses, pretty sure one of our was peeing out of the soffings at one point.

3. needabreak

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    :D:p

grumpydogwoman and nomad like this.
  4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

There's nothing underneath us, we're next to the canal and the nearest railway line is on the other side. Occasionally RAF jets will fly over but not on this occasion. There aren't even any roads very close by. Something obviously caused a wobble, I'm not seriously suggesting it's a ghost though.

needabreak likes this.
  5. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

I know ghosts don't exist, GDW, but it might be quite cool if they did...
    "There are more things in Heaven and Earth..."
    But I reckon it's dodgy plumbing.:(

6. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Is it a cat? Some pets like to do stand-up wee wees in a toilet. Apparently. :)

7. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Please folks please, let's be rational about all this.

There's no other explanation - it's simply God moving in mysterious ways, reminding us unambiguously of his divine presence, in accordance with his unfathomable plan.

Now let's have no more of these absurd "explanations" that quite frankly are grasping at straws. And whatever you do don't go attempting to investigate - that would be putting your faith to the test, which (as is written) is a big no-no.

mothorchid and nizebaby like this.
  8. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Have you floaters in your eyes? Do you wear spectacles with no surrounding frames?

9. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

O ye of little faith and a background in the dismal science.
    It has to be an extreme event. Maybe it's the ghost of a past resident who died when they flushed a plane toilet while sitting, sweating, on it. Fear of flying and so on.

10. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

What? No?

I know it's not a ghost, it is weird though.

11. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I'm just trying to explain fleeting visions. I have floaters and frameless glasses and sometimes see ne'er-do-wells crossing outside my kitchen window.

nomad and needabreak like this.
  12. needabreak

A gittersnipe identifying a ne're do well... well qualified? ;):D:D:D

racroesus likes this.
  13. needabreak

Nope, I sit on the fence as usual with the vague hope of persuasion and no ill wind.:D

racroesus likes this.
  14. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

A gettersnipe, perhaps. When you're in the gutter you can look up and see more than women's knickers.

15. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Well, thanks for that. Guess who will be using the not haunted downstairs loo from now on.

16. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Tell us, if it happens again!

And don't watch the Haunting of Hill House, whatever you do...although, there hasn't been a Phantom Pisser, yet.

Oh, and be grateful it's only wee wee. :)

17. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

I started watching HoHH, but about 4 episodes in I worked out the twist at the end and it all just became a bit sad for me, not the spooky thrill I was looking for.
    I love my paranormal stuff normally, but since working with a very well known psychologist whos done a lot of work on the paranormal, I'm 100% convinced ghosts don't exist. I just like pretending they do for a (safe) scare.

18. nomad

nomad Star commenter

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  19. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I'm glad you've clarified @Orkrider2

I didn't have you down as a credulous imbecile! I confess to becoming more than a little worried for a while.

20. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

I spotted Rac's comment (e.g. "if you're seeing floaters, you need to get a more powerful flush"), but failed to spot the double-meaning in my own comment.

I wonder if perhaps I'm beginning to attain that high-level ability of creating an innuendo subconsciously. It would be great if I was able to slip one in and give people pleasure, without effort.

nomad likes this.