1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Getting to Bangkok for start of term

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by hotwings1, Jul 12, 2020.

1. hotwings1

hotwings1 New commenter

Hi
    Has anyone managed to make any firm plans yet?

I am still waiting for flight details, Visa and certificate of entry. Working backwards I need to be there early August to make start of the term after quarantine.

No problem :)

2. percy topliss

percy topliss Established commenter

Thai state of Emergency runs until at least July 31st. Not sure that any Thai embassy or consulate will do anything before then. S of E could well be extended again.

Perce

skvo likes this.
  3. 24hours

24hours New commenter

They are gradually letting people return/enter. But Thais take priority on the repatriation flights.

there is a Facebook group I would advise joining if you haven’t already called ‘Thai expats stranded overseas due to covid-19’

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  4. Helen-Back

Helen-Back Occasional commenter

We're trying to leave Thailand for another Asian nation. We have resigned ourselves to the fact that we will be here until at least September 1st and maybe longer. I will resist the urge to panic until mid-September and try to enjoy our extended break. There's some cracking deals out there at the moment.

5. libbyg

libbyg New commenter

How have you managed to extend your visa etc?

6. Helen-Back

Helen-Back Occasional commenter

Our visas run out end of August. We haven't looked into extending, so yeah, that is a stumbling block, but as it's nigh impossible to leave for anywhere else in Asia...... That story is yet to unfold.

7. nikki2482

nikki2482 New commenter

Going through it all now. Fellow teachers have just had their visas issued. The main problem we're having is the Thai embassy say we have to be on a repatriation flight one minute then change their mind the next.

8. shazzamac

shazzamac New commenter

Friend in China due to fly Thursday. Mountains of paperwork, special insurance, reservation in quarantine place, but her name is now lodged at Thai embassy for visa. Just needs a covid test 2 days before now....and to pray flight not cancelled.
    So it appears possible.