1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Getting rid of smoke smells.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by marymoocow, Dec 12, 2011.

1. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

I've just bought a lovely second hand phone for DD on ebay, but it has obviously been owned by a smoker. It smells really strongly. Anyone got any suggestions of how to get rid/ lessen the smell? I cant leave it out to air yet as it is a chrissy pressy and she will see it. I can smell it on my fingers now as I have just been touching it.

2. marymoocow

I've just bought a lovely second hand phone for DD on ebay, but it has obviously been owned by a smoker. It smells really strongly. Anyone got any suggestions of how to get rid/ lessen the smell? I cant leave it out to air yet as it is a chrissy pressy and she will see it. I can smell it on my fingers now as I have just been touching it.

3. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Try a wipe over with white vinegar, which is a pretty good all round de-stinker.

4. marymoocow

Thanks, but wont it smell of vinegar?

5. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Only for a few minutes. White vinegar is good for car smells too.

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

What about using Dettol wipes or similar? Some do say suitable for computer keyboards and the like, so if you read the back of the packet and get one of these you should be fine.