1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Getting Refunds from an online catalogue

Discussion in 'Personal' started by disguise, May 4, 2011.

1. I bought a dress from an online catalogue and it's not what I expected. I knew this would be a potential risk but it said free returns so I thought it'd be ok. However, although the return is free I'll only be refunded the cost of the dress and not the original postage. Is this normal? And does it make a difference if I paid by credit card?

2. Keep an eye on your bank account. Very is notorious for having customer details used fraudulently.

3. zee-bra

zee-bra New commenter

If you order from Marks and Spencers online you do not get the postage refunded. I dont understand why they should be liable for the cost as you have ordered something and changed your mind. You have requested something be sent to you. You should pay. If the company has to pay for postage the price of the clothes would end up going up.

4. Hi, thanks for the info. I actually paid by credit card so whilst i will keep an eye on it I hope that my card would be covered for fraud!

5. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

You can return the item within seven days and they will have to refund the cost of posting it to you as well as the price of the goods.
    If it is not faulty, you may have to pay the cost of returning it
    If it is faulty, or not as described, then they will have to pay the cost of return postage as well. You have more than 7 days to discover the fault, although it is better to do so straight away and inform them by email as soon as you do.

It is fair for companies to refund postage on unwanted goods - it is an expense associated with selling - at least they don't have shop premises to maintain when selling online