1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Getting ready to ttc?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by saripop, May 16, 2009.

1. ....and Baileys, to which I am particularly partial!
    x

2. Even brie can't cheer me up today.....I am such a loser! Just been for a walk and cried (actual tears) because I saw a horse with a foal. How can I be jealous of a HORSE!
    This need to reproduce is stronger than I ever thought it would be. Wish my OH had it too.....

3. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I really think the trick is not to go on about it to your OH. I'd pretty much decided last year that I would be ready to start TTC after our honeymoon, but I didn't really say anything to my OH until jusy before our wedding, and it was only a quick comment, not a massive discussion. I knew already that he wanted to have kids, and of course we had discussed it a few times. I think he was always the one that wanted it more than me really!
    So, we got back from our honeymoon, I stopped taking the pill, told him i'd definitely stopped and then we started trying, although we didn't make a big deal out of it, and I was pregnant within a week.
    All I can say is relax and enjoy it!! I've heard about women who end up pushing their OH away by constantly stressing and obsessing about TTC. If you haven't started trying yet, you don't know how long it will take you, and you might be lucky like I was, so there is no point getting stressed at this stage!! Enjoy your weddings, holidays etc. [​IMG]

4. Hello ladies
    I too am finding it frustrating not being able to start TTC when my body is wanting to. Can't wait for December which is when we should be in a position to start TTC. The thing I'm finding difficult is when people who got married after us are announcing that they are pregnant. My friend who got married in August is expecting her baby this August. A friend who got married in Feb has announced that she is pregnant and the other day I found out that a woman that I vaguely know who got married on the same day as us (a year ago) had her baby in March. My mum had told me and then I saw the woman a week later while out shopping (with her gorgeous baby in a pram) - I'm glad I knew before I saw her as I would probably have burst into tears or something. I think it's the fact that I was trying so hard not to become pregnant before I got married and now I technically could start trying there are other things in the way (weight and finance). Just wanted to let that out.
    Pippa x

5. Hi girls!
    I've been reading this thread on and off for the past few weeks and I'm soo broody!
    I just don't know what it is, i've been teaching for 2 years, and I feel that before I go for a HOD job I should really have a child, we've benn trying this month and well i'm a few days late, but can't bring myself to take a test yet. We was supposed to get married next year, but i'd rather have a baby! I just don't know whats wrong wv me, i've never been broody before i've always had my career hat on. I guess I don't want to be an older mum. Like pip, I would love to be at a better weight and finances well i'm hoping to go back to school after 4 months and as my H2B is a driving instructor and can fit his work in around looking after the baby.
    Its madness, hows everyone's day been? Smile

6. Hi Miss Smile
    Well, being three days late sound promising - especially if you are usually regular. Fingers crossed X
    My day's been fine - I'm on half term this week so been doing lots of sorting out at home - suddenly becomes a priority when there are reports to write!!!
    Pip x

7. Thanks Pip, i has half term last week i've not been working out and Ov dates, we've just been having fun as normal lol

8. Chica - I totally agree with you in principle, however, it seems to be easier said than done. I really want to just chill out, enjoy my wedding and patiently wait my turn - but it's as if my body has totally taken over and it's just like a kind of emptiness that I don't seem to be able to do anything to fill or make go away. 'Hunger' is an accurate description. Having a family is something that I feel ready for. Physically and mentally, it is something that I both desperately need and want.
    However, I too feel that I need to keep quiet around my h2b now as I know I'm driving him mad and must seem quite mental...He is also the absolute love of my life and I really don't want to do anything to spoil what we've got.
    Saripop, I have bought some well woman vitamins, so am at least doing something positive towards starting to TTC. Only 7mnths to go now!
    x

9. Never thought I would be pleased to get AF, but my last cycle was 28 days and this one is 29! I'm so pleased, as in the past 8 months they've ranged from 25-50 days, hopefully two more or less normal ones in a row means that things are almost back to normal!! Hurray! Now just need to start ttcing!!
    Hope everyone else is doing well and not suffering too badly from bump envy!
    x

10. Oh my god, Im exactly like you! Well I have been tracking, this is 2nd month of it and by my calculations I should have had AF last Thurs! I had ov pains and bloating on day 10 (the previous month I ovulated on day 11, the pain was day 10 as well) so thought AF was due last week. It was a 26 day cycle last month. Then this month, a week after ov pains I had similar pains again although not as strong. Then AF didn't arrive last Thurs and she still hasnt properly arrived, although I think (and hope!!!) she is on her way! Have been panicing as this is now day 35!!!! AAAAAAAHH! I have not just come off the pill (well 2 years ago I did) so that is not the reason why it was so varied. I don't remember it being like this before,, but I never tracked before or even knew when she was due, she just always came so I didn't bother much. Really hope my cyles wont be irregular as this will make TTC harder! All kinds of things were going through my head although I knew there was a very slim (3%) chance. God if this is what its like just tracking, how will I cope when its more than that?????!!!!!!!!
    Bump envy going away a bit, friends baby seems to hate me and screamed when I last had a cuddle!!!! They say she is often like that and I worry that I dont have a clue how to deal with it! I wouldnt really know what to do. But I still want a baby soooooo much, mabye OH is right to want to wait a while tho??????

11. Oh my god, Im exactly like you! Well I have been tracking, this is 2nd month of it and by my calculations I should have had AF last Thurs! I had ov pains and bloating on day 10 (the previous month I ovulated on day 11, the pain was day 10 as well) so thought AF was due last week. It was a 26 day cycle last month. Then this month, a week after ov pains I had similar pains again although not as strong. Then AF didn't arrive last Thurs and she still hasnt properly arrived, although I think (and hope!!!) she is on her way! Have been panicing as this is now day 35!!!! AAAAAAAHH! I have not just come off the pill (well 2 years ago I did) so that is not the reason why it was so varied. I don't remember it being like this before,, but I never tracked before or even knew when she was due, she just always came so I didn't bother much. Really hope my cyles wont be irregular as this will make TTC harder! All kinds of things were going through my head although I knew there was a very slim (3%) chance. God if this is what its like just tracking, how will I cope when its more than that?????!!!!!!!!
    Bump envy going away a bit, friends baby seems to hate me and screamed when I last had a cuddle!!!! They say she is often like that and I worry that I dont have a clue how to deal with it! I wouldnt really know what to do. But I still want a baby soooooo much, mabye OH is right to want to wait a while tho??????

12. Oh god you sound like me! AF was due last thurs by my calculations. I had ov pains and bloating on day 10 (same as last month when I ovluated on day 11) so thought she would arrive last week. Well she didnt. A week after I had the ov pains, I a funny feeling, slight discomfort there but not as bad and just felt odd. Anyway its now day 35 and I think (and hope!!) she is on her way. Not sure if I was always like this, I never kept a record before, she always just came so I didnt bother about dates etc. Last month was a 26 day cycle so who knows! Its not as if I have just come off the pill either! If I am like this now, what will I be like when TTC!!!!!
    Bump envy going away a little bit, friends baby seems to hate me! She screamed when I had a cuddle last and I worry that I do not know what to do. Still want a baby sooooooooo much but maybe OH is right to wait a while????? Confused now, because I really really do want a baby but its a strange feeling. Before I was like desparate (and still am to an extent) but its like now I realise mabye its not the best time.

13. Noooooo! Has anyone seen the persil advert about what being a mum is? Got me weeping (again!). I WANT TO BE A MUM!!!!!

14. Yup, been there, cried about that and the sma progress milk one too... I think that's what it was for. The one with the man saying things like: I promise never to... and ends with ...blah blah my lovely Mrs. or something. Cried and cried and cried over that one!!

15. That sma milk one got me good too. I think its the doting dad that does it. Another one that gets me every time is one with a man dancing holding a little baby - I think its a car advert. Not seen it for a while.
    (I just googled it and found another forum with women complaining that the sma advert makes them cry! Its not just us!)
    The persil one is the worst so far for me.....

16. lol! well at least we're not alone!
    Just bought a boots digital thermometer and fertility diary thing. If you already have a digital thermometer, it's not worth buying, but as I didn't, I'm quite pleased with it. I'm going to start charting my temps, just to see what goes on and then hopefully by the time we start ttcing I'll be able to nail it first month!!
    x

17. Hi ladies,
    How are you all? I'm feeling quite pathetic today. Basically, someone else told me that they were pregnant today - I acted all happy and interested...then sat on my own at breaktime and actually cried. I'm just so fed up of having to celebrate everyone else's good news and wondering when on earth it will be me?!?
    x

18. Aww, miss tutu, hugs to you. I know that feeling so well. I've been pretty pathetic recently too. Not been well last two days, so watched a lot of day time tv and is it just me, or is every single programme about babies or pregnancy?? Welled up a few times today just thinking about my baby 2b and how I just can't wait to be a mummy. Just writing this is setting me off again!

x

19. Went to see my niece today (7 months) and she is gorgeous. Very broody when having cuddles from her. I so want her to have a little cousin!!!!!

20. Exactly six months (yesterday) till our wedding. That means that it's at the most 6 months till we start ttc!!! Spoke to OH yesterday and we decided to start the cycle before the wedding, so it could be as little as 5 months till we are officially ttcing! So excited!
    Hope everyone else is ok.

xx