1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Getting ready to ttc?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by saripop, May 16, 2009.

1. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

Haha I see! No, you don't want to start a family in that situation then.

2. bristolmover

bristolmover New commenter

Glad to see some more replies on here - thanks for advice

3. Hi
    I hope I do not get too caught up in the 2ww and making sure my temperatures are correct etc etc. I know it is the only way for some, but I am easily lead so I could get wrapped up in it and then disappointed if it doesnt happen.
    I just spent the night in Bristol (hi bristolmover!!) for a friends hen do. I guess I have to start cutting out booze and fast food when I get nearer to ttc!!

4. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I went to Bristol last year for a hen do! As for cutting out booze....I TTC my first straight after my honeymoon, 2 weeks in Cuba drinking rum and who knows what else every day! I've lost over 4 stone since having my 2nd child and want to lose a bit more before TTC a 3rd just in case I put lots of weight on again, I want to be as thin as possible!

5. bristolmover

Hi back to you!
    I always wondered how I could get away without drinking and no-one guess I was trying for a baby... so I gave up for Lent this year and have not drunk since - told everyone I'm trying to get fit and no-one's suspected a thing so far! I haven't missed it either, and do feel fitter... good luck all.

6. See I am the opposite, I don't really drink so it is easy for me to get away with it when ttc.
    However, I am ALWAYS ill during period time, so I would have to "fake" headaches and stuff during the early stages of pregnancy if it did happen straight away.
    Question to all you getting ready, do you daydream about starting (or continuing in Chica77 case) your family? I find myself doing it all the time now.
    And I swear I notice babies and kids a lot more then before!

7. bristolmover

I'vealways had those daydreams... only now they are becoming more realistic. Like today i came home from work and thought 'I haven't done any washing for a couple of days - how am I going to keep up with it all when there are 3 of us!'

8. ok nice to know it is not just me [​IMG]

9. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

Yes to the daydreaming. I'm not really a drinker either, especially now with 2 kids, so that one would be easy to avoid. A give away for me would be switching to decaf coffee as I am a big coffee drinker! I would have to put decaf in a normal coffee tin at work or they'd guess immediately! Since having children I am far more aware of babies and pregnant women that I was before. I never really paid them any attention before that.

10. bristolmover

So I feel I'm doing all the right things to prepare - anything my husband should be doing? He doesn't smoke, does drink but not much, is fairly active and eats well...

11. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

Can't think of anything. My husband was a smoker when I first got pregnant, but he quite before our son was born.

12. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

Hi everyone, am also going to be trying in July/August. The reason for this is that we need a bit of a helping hand from a fertility clinic (IVF and ICSI) and I don't want to take time off work!
    I feel very sad at having to wait so hope this thread will cheer me up!

13. Hi badger_girl
    Good luck for the preparation for July/August.
    I am so tired, glad it is the weekend soon...Iron Man 3 can cheer me up [​IMG]
    I think I found a nice house to consider purchasing. Viewing it Saturday morning, so very excited!!