1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

getting out of a contract

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by bubbles40, Dec 26, 2010.

1. bubbles40

bubbles40 New commenter

here goes . signed a contract for a teaching post abroad with every intention of going ; however , i have now been told i need to sort out my visa and possibly , book my own flight - this i was not told at interview or in the contract . i am thinking , if this what they are like now , what will happen when i am working ? any thoughts .

2. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

When I first went to the Middle East I had to sort out a temporary work permit as the employer - so I was told - could not do so from within the country. Once I got there, the employer sorted out a proper work permit for me.
    I have also had jobs where I had to pay for my flights and I was reimbursed once I started working.
    If, however, the employer is not willing to reimburse the costs of either, then I would really think long and hard whether or not it is worth it.