1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Getting on Edinburgh Supply List Help

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by Jon_C_00, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Jon_C_00

Jon_C_00 New commenter

Hi all

I am moving to Edinburgh from London in the new academic year and wanted to get on the primary supply list. There appears to be just one way of getting on to the supply list, which is through an as yet unadvertised position on myjobscotland.com.

I have contacted the council 3 times, but they have not given out any details about when they may reopen the list again. Currently I am in a situation where I have handed in my notice to the school I am at, but have no job to go to.

I was wondering if anyone had any information about when the list might re-open?

Also I was wondering if anyone had any idea if there was another way of getting on this list?

Many thanks

2. moycee

moycee New commenter

Hi!
    I can only talk from my experience of supply "support roles." They only advertise on myjobscotland. I've seen adverts go up around September/October time and this time of year so keep an eye out! The adverts for East Renfrewshire and Renfrewshire have been up already. Also consider expanding your area search and look at councils such as East Lothian, West Lothian, Bathgate etc. Depends how far you're will to travel.

3. moycee

moycee New commenter

Also remember the academic year starts in August up here!

4. Jon_C_00

Jon_C_00 New commenter

Thank you for your response. I have noticed that many other councils have advertised already, which is why it was surprising that Edinburgh hadn't. I check myjobscotland every day. Hopefully the post will be advertised shortly!

5. Mazod

Mazod Occasional commenter

There is no other way. Once you're on their list then you can speak to sometimes speak to individual schools and they will arrange with the authority for you to come in but you have to apply to be on their list initially. It could be that they feel that they have enough supply teachers for the time being (unlikely to be honest but who knows!). I'd definitely advise extending your search.

6. Mazod

Mazod Occasional commenter

The East Lothian list is open. I'd apply there at the moment if I were you.

7. binza87

binza87 New commenter

I would also approach independent schools as they are always keen to have a strong supply list to go to if necessary.