1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Getting nervous....

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by catherine_ann, Aug 28, 2015.

1. catherine_ann

catherine_ann Occasional commenter

This time four years ago I had just completed my NQT year on a temporary contract and was contemplating supply teaching as I didn't have another job. After 6 weeks on supply and a few more interviews I obtained a second temporary contract from January until August which quickly became permanent. During this time I have gained a vast amount of experience and I am about to begin a new job on Tuesday as Second in Science.

Just to let people know that there's still hope even if you are still seeking a job at this time of year! But I still feel like an NQT starting again. I feel like I've forgotten how to plan lessons over summer and I am getting increasingly nervous for next week!!!

Good luck to all those still seeking jobs!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done again to you C_A for the new job!

Of course you are nervous, it is only natural.

But the school had every confidence in you, so you should take confidence from that.

And read this to see if it is relevant to you . . .

New School blues

[​IMG]

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Even 'old hands' feel apprehensive at the start of a new school year. It's the uncertainty. Will the students make the appropriate progress? Will we have 'the visit? Am I adequately prepared? etc . . . . .

Every time one moves school, one is to some extent an NQT starting out. New School, new students, new colleagues all of which one has to establish relationships with.Possibly even new exam boards.

Just get the first few days organised and once you get back and 'into the swing of things' again, everything will probably fall into place.

4. catherine_ann

catherine_ann Occasional commenter

Thanks Theo and Lara for your kind words. You have both been there througg my teaching journey so far and I very much appreciate your advice and support. 3 days and counting.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

i look forward to hearing from you next Saturday that you have had an excellent first week!

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

6. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

How did you get on Catherine? Hope you had a good week