1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Getting locked out & having to ask for a password reset...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by needabreak, Sep 20, 2019.

1. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

... only to find when I click on the email link that comes through I am already logged in... it is happening every time but for some reason I can't log on via my mobile device, is it just me or is it a gliche? It has been going on for weeks and so I just haven't bothered logging on as it becomes a long drawn out task, I'm not expecting anyone (except perhaps Rac) to have noticed my absence :D;) but do wonder if anyone else has the same issue.

2. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Try the mods - they should be able to help.

needabreak and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  3. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Isn't that one of the reason we are getting a make over to make it more user friendly to mobile devices.

4. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Clear all cookies and the cache then try again.
    Presto.

5. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I don't know if I'm alone in finding the need to have passwords for everything is becoming ridiculous. I get the need for security in gaining access to a computer, online banking and so on, but why on earth do I need to sign in to the BBC website to listen to the wireless?

Last weekend, my sweetheart wanted to watch something on the iplayer via our TV. It asked her to sign in, but wouldn't accept the password she'd always used any longer.

I was listening to the cricket at the time via the BBC Sport app, whilst watching the videos as they appeared. I had to stop doing that while I attended to resolving the problem, which could only be achieved by resetting the password. Having got her sorted, I returned to the cricket, refreshing the web page, only to find I needed to sign in again.

To cut a long story short, it didn't like the password and locked me out for half an hour because too many attempts to access the BBC account using incorrect passwords had been made. Meanwhile my sweetheart was enjoying catching up on Holby City or some such drivel.

Please can we have a return to sanity and only require passwords for stuff that actually matters?

Wotton, needabreak and caress like this.
  6. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

Perhaps because you aren't accepting the BBC cookies to keep you logged in.

colpee likes this.
  7. aypi

aypi Established commenter

use a password manager like Lastpass, then you only need to remember its password, or use your fingerprint if it is a phone

8. Nellyfuf2

Nellyfuf2 Established commenter