1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Getting into teaching ICT

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by MarcusMCR, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Hi,

I've just stumbled upon this forum and I've tried searching for similar threads but I couldn't find any so please excuse me if I am treading over old ground.

I am seriously thinking about a job in teaching and ICT after being in an office job for six years. Ideally I would like to start studying towards a PGCE in ICT but I have been told that it is very difficult to find teaching jobs in this particular field. I was hoping that somebody on here would be able to advise me on whether it would be worth my while to continue down this path or should I think again?

Thanks in advance,
    Marcus

2. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

I think it very much depends on your area as some have a shortage and some do not. I have now mentored PGCE students for a good few years and everyone has found a position before their course has ended. Some on here would say there are no jobs out there - that may be the case where they are but certainly there are still areas where GOOD ict staff are as rare as rocking horse poo!

3. Thank you very much, Tony.