1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Getting into night school??

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by Steph2002, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Steph2002

Steph2002 New commenter

Hi, I have over 20 plus years as successful A level Psychology teacher. I still teach secondary, but classes at our sixth form as reduced, so I could only do 0.5 fte Psych. How to get night school work in FE??

2. swiftblade09

swiftblade09 New commenter

If you want to teach a night class in Psychology that may be very hard to find - but do try local colleges. Generally adult funding has be slashed, and 16-18's would be daytime.

There are few options at most places - very lucky to find anything other that Maths/English/ICT night classes.

Steph2002 likes this.
  3. saluki

saluki Established commenter

The night time classes are usually adult classes. They are usually taught by the full time teachers who have spent all day teaching low ability poorly behaved students. It's their little reward.
    Keep your eyes open for psychology jobs in colleges. You may find a few daytime hours which you can juggle or you may possibly get more than 0.5.

Steph2002 and simonbfc like this.