1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Getting Feedback

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon1070, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum...
    I'm a trained teacher but due to the hours and stress involved teaching I'm pursuing a TA position. After finally being shortlisted for an interview the other day (from well over 100 applicants for a Level 1 TA job - I had no idea the job market was so bad!), I was not put through for the final round of interview.
    Now I'm wondering why this was... I took planning, others who went forward did not. I answered group questions well, others did not. I have QTS. Obviously there could be many reasons why they didn't shortlist me but I definitely feel like I was one of the better candidates. The one thing that might have worked against me is that I am a carer for a disabled relative, which would have impacted on my first few days of work but not after. The school were aware of this. I have requested feedback but have heard nothing. Is it worth pursuing it? Do I have a right to feedback (it was offered at the time by the head)? I wouldn't normally be bothered but if the carer factor did affect my chances there obviously is a problem there.
    Cheers.

2. Hi,

Don't really have an answer to your question but am interested as I'm thinking about not filling in the Equal opportunities form on my next application as I really don't see why I have to declare that I am a mother to a baby. Doesn't seem right to me. I think you are not going to be told that it was because you are a carer what ever you suspect as, even if this was the case, they wouldn't admit it. I would put in another polite request for feedback but remember to take it with a pinch of salt. They really can say anything...