1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Getting evidence written and signed

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Cosmic_Rainbow, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

This may sound really obvious but how do I write up evidence to be signed??

e.g. if i have attended a meeting with the senco is it enough to just write, i have attended a meeting with *** and we discussed *** and ***. and then include an annotated copy of the sen policy and get it signed?

and also i went on a school trip can i just write i attended a trip to *** with *** and then get the teacher to sign that?

i feel silly for asking but i have no idea what im doing with my folders and my uni has given us no guidance at all, it like its assumed that we know exactly what we're doing and we just need to get on with it.

2. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

It depends on your course, but I'd expect you only need witness statements and lesson observations signed.
    For meeting witness statements, try to focus them slightly towards the standards when wording them - it makes them easier to use as evidence.
    And after that talk to your university tutor about what they want. Their support is what you're paying £3000 for!

3. Hi,
    I typed up a generic form which had the date on, a box for what I did and who I did it with, then another table which I put the relevant standards in and got the teacher to sign it at the bottom to say I had done it. Job done!