1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Getting children gripped on Victorians from word go (Yr3/4)

Discussion in 'History' started by christomkins, Dec 20, 2011.

1. christomkins

christomkins New commenter

I have not written on this forum before so I don't quite know how it works but I was after any advice for introducing the Victorians to my Y3/4 class.
    I was thinking of being a victorian teacher for the first day back but I feel that may be a little bit too much following the Christmas break...anyone got any other ideas?

<u>Any</u> ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

2. christomkins

christomkins New commenter

I have not written on this forum before so I don't quite know how it works but I was after any advice for introducing the Victorians to my Y3/4 class.
    I was thinking of being a victorian teacher for the first day back but I feel that may be a little bit too much following the Christmas break...anyone got any other ideas?

<u>Any</u> ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

3. forestje

forestje New commenter

We have Victorians in Yr 2 and Yr 6 so that they can build on their knowledge.

4. hobgoblintc

hobgoblintc New commenter

Our Victorian play, "The Workhouse Boy", is a great way to introduce the topic in a fun, educational and inspirational way!
    It's 60 minutes long and is interactive - we take time to talk with the children about the characters they are meeting to give them a chance to discuss/evaluate the story so far.
    We can also follow this up with a 60 minute drama workshop for the children who have watched the play. Really gets them excited about the topic.
    Have a look at www.hobgoblintheatrecompany.co.uk for more details and testimonial.
    Regards
    Dan