1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Getting a police check from Beijing

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Byebyebirdy, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    I'm due to start a PGCE in September '11 and have been told that I need to get overseas police checks done. It's fair enough but the Chinese one has been really tricky to sort out. I was studying in Beijing in from 2004 - 2005 so I wasn't on a work visa. I have looked at the other posts but as they were last couple of years I was wondering if anyone has had a different experience? The Uni for my PGCE seemed to think that it was a fairly easy process.
    Thanks

2. Hi there,
    I'm due to start a PGCE in September '11 and have been told that I need to get overseas police checks done. It's fair enough but the Chinese one has been really tricky to sort out. I was studying in Beijing in from 2004 - 2005 so I wasn't on a work visa. I have looked at the other posts but as they were last couple of years I was wondering if anyone has had a different experience? The Uni for my PGCE seemed to think that it was a fairly easy process.
    Thanks

3. Hi,
    I know of people in Beijing who have asked other people to get their police checks for them, are you still in touch with anyone from the place where you studied? Maybe the HR person who got your visas sorted out (if they still work there) could go to the police station to get it for you.