1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

getting a percentage in Excel

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by somebodyelse, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Thanks very much to people who helped on an earlier post I made, I now have a column with cells that either say Total Pass or Fail. depending on previous columns results. There are several groups of students in this spreadsheet and I would like to do the following: get a percentage of Total Passes for each of the groups. Could anyone point me in the right direction for this please, as percentages is another Excel thing I struggle with? (and then I promise I won't ask anymore questions[​IMG] )

2. Thanks very much to people who helped on an earlier post I made, I now have a column with cells that either say Total Pass or Fail. depending on previous columns results. There are several groups of students in this spreadsheet and I would like to do the following: get a percentage of Total Passes for each of the groups. Could anyone point me in the right direction for this please, as percentages is another Excel thing I struggle with? (and then I promise I won't ask anymore questions[​IMG] )

3. If the group's results are in cells C1:C10 you could use this formula:
    =COUNTIF(C1:C10,"=TOTAL PASS")/COUNTA(C1:C10)
    then format the result as percentage.
    www.allaboutitq.co

4. that works! Many thanks!

5. ccroyle

ccroyle New commenter

It's all very worrying!