1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Get your students doing some real science ...

Discussion in 'Science' started by BlindData, Feb 17, 2011.

1. We're setting up a project to get students working collaboratively on real research alongside a number of academics.What we need next are some willing teachers to get on board to help out with some housekeeping before we can get a pilot off the ground. We have 3 projects currently
    1) relevant to anyone teaching atmosphere / the environment
    - some basic lesson plans ready - feedback needed and some data back from students to get the ball rolling
    2) relevant to anyone teaching behaviour
    - we need some help establishing the validity of this project - at the moment we need people to volunteer to ask a class to feedback particular observations on traffic "near misses" onto a google map
    3) relevant to anyone teaching health / disease
    - we're just at a stage with this one where we're accepting expressions of interest to get involved with something a little later in the year.
    These projects could involve any students from secondary school. If you'd like to get invovled and help me move this on to the next stage, could you pop me an email to d.w.fleming at bath ac uk with blinddata in the subject and if you're teaching (or will be teaching soon) a class that might be suitable for one of these projects you could indicate as such in the body.
    Thanks!

2. We're setting up a project to get students working collaboratively on real research alongside a number of academics.What we need next are some willing teachers to get on board to help out with some housekeeping before we can get a pilot off the ground. We have 3 projects currently
    1) relevant to anyone teaching atmosphere / the environment
    - some basic lesson plans ready - feedback needed and some data back from students to get the ball rolling
    2) relevant to anyone teaching behaviour
    - we need some help establishing the validity of this project - at the moment we need people to volunteer to ask a class to feedback particular observations on traffic "near misses" onto a google map
    3) relevant to anyone teaching health / disease
    - we're just at a stage with this one where we're accepting expressions of interest to get involved with something a little later in the year.
    These projects could involve any students from secondary school. If you'd like to get invovled and help me move this on to the next stage, could you pop me an email to d.w.fleming at bath ac uk with blinddata in the subject and if you're teaching (or will be teaching soon) a class that might be suitable for one of these projects you could indicate as such in the body.
    Thanks!