1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Get your AS and A2 French students into reading

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by steveglover, Jan 4, 2011.

1. steveglover

steveglover New commenter

I put a post up a while back about "No et Moi" by Delphine de Vigan. Based around a gifted young adolescent, Lou, who befriends a Sans Domicile Fixe older teenager, No, the novel charms from the word go.
    I mentioned the language which is very approachable being mainly in the perfect and present tenses with as it happens some passages which cover AS level topics very closely such as traditions, the media, advertising, relationships-you name it.
    I have now added a course on this book on alevelfrench.com with resources for A2 alongside resources which could be used at AS level, exploiting the passages relating to the topics for reading comprehension, research and creative activities.
    A good AS candidate I am tutoring is reading and very much enjoying the novel using the full vocab and summary from the course. The film of the book has just come out and should be out in DVD probably by the summer.
    Just email through the site if you would like a username and password to view sample materials of No et Moi, L'étranger, Un Sac de Billes, Bonjour Tristesse, Les Petits Enfants du Siècle, Kiffe Kiffe Demain, Le Blé en Herbe and Le Silence de la Mer.

2. steveglover

steveglover New commenter