1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

get fantastic free growing kit with grow bags and seed potatoes

Discussion in 'Primary' started by potcoun, Jan 4, 2012.

1. I have seen that there are only a couple of weeks left to get your free primary schools growing kit. www.gyop.potato.org.uk. They do it on a first come basis and it is well worth getting one. There is no tie-in, just register and you get great resources including fab grow bags and seeds. Competition is optional but well worth a try if you are grow anyway as really good prizes up for grabs.

2. I have seen that there are only a couple of weeks left to get your free primary schools growing kit. www.gyop.potato.org.uk. They do it on a first come basis and it is well worth getting one. There is no tie-in, just register and you get great resources including fab grow bags and seeds. Competition is optional but well worth a try if you are grow anyway as really good prizes up for grabs.

3. Thank you for this - I have just registered and think my class will enjoy doing this. [​IMG]

4. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

I've been doing this for three years now and the children love it! We did have one year when the entire crop was just 3 small potatoes, so that put the kybosh on our 'Potato Day' but last year we got nearly 4 kilos and had a great day full of potato-related activities for children and parents.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Never heard of it, but have registered my school now. I used the reasoning that I'm science co-ord to just get on and do it!

What do you old hands do with all the potatoes?