1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gerry Rafferty

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Jan 5, 2011.

1. We played Baker Street this morning. It made me think I should have written to him to say thank you for such beauty. Not a thing I would ever do, but I wish he had known.

2. We played Baker Street this morning. It made me think I should have written to him to say thank you for such beauty. Not a thing I would ever do, but I wish he had known.

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

One of my favourites x

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

It came out when I'd been in London fro wo years and was broken-hearted [again...] so I still feel a frisson when I hear it. What a perfect pop song.

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

for two

Sorry - my typing is so careless this evening. First day of children!

6. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

I love that song. Also heard that Dick King Smith has died recently.

7. There are three songs from that time that remind me of lost loves , new loves and a smokey back room bar with Southern Comfort and lemonade. Baker Street, Dreadlock Holiday and The Ballad of Big by Genesis. I can still remember the numbers on the juke box. :¬))

8. I knew you would like it, Bauble. Talking of love, Mr Gorgy sang it all through to me this morning. He has promised to give up the booze and the one night stands also.