1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

German textbooks

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by irouse, Feb 9, 2012.

1. I am looking to replace Logo as our KS3 German course.I have been very happy with Logo but the books are simply worn out. Can anyone recommend a good new course? I have looked at Echo but was disappointed to see that there is nothing much different in it and so I am reluctant to go for that. Has anything been published recently that would be worth looking at?

2. I am looking to replace Logo as our KS3 German course.I have been very happy with Logo but the books are simply worn out. Can anyone recommend a good new course? I have looked at Echo but was disappointed to see that there is nothing much different in it and so I am reluctant to go for that. Has anything been published recently that would be worth looking at?

3. rosered27

rosered27 New commenter

Hi, I have changed from Logo to Echo Express which I find a very useful textbook. However, I do develop lots of resources myself to give pupils more interesting things to look at and to do. If you are teaching high ability pupils, you could always look at material from www.hueber.de which is a German publisher specialized in German as a foreign language. Their topics and teaching approaches are worthwhile considering. Viel Glück. rosered27

4. We just got Zoom Deutsch this year. It is an absolute winner and gone down so well with the kids. The video blogs you can watch are good too. Get the evaluation pack from Oxford.

5. I agree with Rosered27's comment. I use Hueber textbooks for German. Their content is much more comprehensive and contain a lot more linguistic functions.

6. rosered27

rosered27 New commenter

And I agree with your view on Hueber, judodan. Thanks by the way for that fantastic reading resource I had the pleasure to review the other day. A real winner! [​IMG]

7. rosered27

rosered27 New commenter

Now I am not so sure about that reading resource anymore... the picture is the same but the username is different... it is great anyway.

8. Rosered27: It is indeed my resource that you are talking about! Thanks for the fantastic and positive review :)

9. rosered27

rosered27 New commenter

Das ist dein Verdienst - du hast das Material entwickelt und ich habe lediglich das Glück gehabt es zu finden. Nochmals vielen Dank. [​IMG]

10. We have gone with Zoom Deutsch and are finding it very good. We had found Logo 1 very old-fashioned and a bit childish for our students, so were hardly using the book at all. But the Zoom books are much more up-to-date and the listening and video stuff is much more authentic. We have the resource Oxbox, which is fantastic for setting cover or for any less experienced staff members you may have. It has certainly made a difference to us in terms of workload, which is crucial at this time of year when everyone is loaded down with controlled assessments!