1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

German Police Check Pre-training.

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by ProfSeverus, Feb 3, 2016.

  1. ProfSeverus

    ProfSeverus New commenter

    I'm hoping an MFL trainee would be able to help me.
    I've been told that in order to get on to a teacher training course, a British DSB check will not be enough. As I did my year abroad largely in Germany, I have to apply for a German police check. I've got the form and looked at all the links online. One thing I want to ask others who had to do this - do you have to post your passport to Bonn, would a photocopy be enough, or do you not have to send your passport at all? The advice is a bit confusing and I wanted to see if anyone else had had to do this recently.
    Thank you!
  2. blueskydreaming

    blueskydreaming Lead commenter

    Hi. Can't answer your question, but just wanted to tell you that I spent 4 years living in China before starting the PGCE, so I went to loads of trouble getting a police clearance after having left the country, but was never even asked for it by uni, my placement schools or my NQT job! The UK clearance was enough, and I had been back in the UK less than 3 years.
  3. ProfSeverus

    ProfSeverus New commenter

    Thanks for your reply. I have been accepted on to a course and it's one of the things the letter says I have to do to reach the conditions of the post. Just wanting to see if anyone else has done the same.
    It's a shame you went to all that trouble and didn't need it!
  4. blueskydreaming

    blueskydreaming Lead commenter

    My offer letter from uni said the same! But no one bothered to ask for my police clearance :) But I know that you will want to get this document anyway, just in case. Do you have any friends in Germany who could obtain it on your behalf? Preferably a German speaking friend who could phone the correct department and ask them to clarify what is needed? You could even give them power of attorney and have them obtain it on your behalf, if possible.

Share This Page