1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

German KS3 text books.

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by lumleyjo, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Hi
    is anyone lucky enough to have been able to invest in new German KS3 text books recently? We were able to purchase the Edexcel text books and Active Teach for KS4 for the new GCSE, and now need to update the KS3 books in line with this. We are still working from Auf Deutsch and a mixture of our own resources.

I would be grateful if anyone has any comments on newer KS3 text books, either positive or negative, as I am about to get inspection copies of whatever I can, and as the only German teacher in the department, have no-one to bounce ideas/thoughts off.
    thanks
    Jo

2. Thanks for that :)

3. Thanks- I appreciate the reply. [​IMG]

4. Hi
    If you ever want to do a Skype link up or similar, I teach at a german speaking school in Switzerland. You can contact me via my webpage at http://manxman.ch/moodle2/ . Of course my kids wouldn't mind trying out their English too.

5. I've manageed to have a quick look at a Zoom today, and noticed that there are a lot of references to the Oxbox interactive CD. Does this book work well without having the Oxbox too? Not sure that we could stretch to new text books, plus another £500 odd pounds for the extras (x 2, of course). Thanks

6. OxBox, as the audio from the videos appears on the CDs (so you would just be missing the visual aspect from the video drama). There is more on zoom on website at www.oxfordsecondary.co.uk/zoom or please drop me a line at claire.beatt@oup.com for more information and the best deals.
    I hope that helps.
    Best wishes
    Claire

7. Thanks - I have emailed you, Claire.

8. We started off using Zoom without the Oxbox and it worked fine as a normal textbook with CDs. It is more up-to-date than most of the other textbooks and is quite attractive to students. However, if you can afford the Oxbox further down the line, it certainly makes life easier for teachers and saves on photocopying costs etc. You don't need to have both Oxbox sets. The resource one is proving useful Also you can often get discounts from your local rep.