1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

German KS3 Echo Express or Zoom

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by freewheeling, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Hi
    am about to invest in German KS3 text books, and am wavering between Echo and Zoom. Anyone have any experience with either of these, and comments for or against either? Help greatly appreciated.
    thanks

2. Hi
    am about to invest in German KS3 text books, and am wavering between Echo and Zoom. Anyone have any experience with either of these, and comments for or against either? Help greatly appreciated.
    thanks

3. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

Like Echo so far - have invested in book 1 and Activeteach - also have Echo for GCSE Foundation and Higher and ActiveTeach for these. I'm not familiar with Zoom.

4. Sorry, not a German teacher. However, I can vouch for Zoom as our German Dept teachers have been raving about it. They're trying to encourage us in Spanish to abandon Listos 1 in favour of the Zoom equivalent. I know that they were very impressed with the interactive resources initially but some of them have had issues with the discs not always working. That used to happen with the interactive Metro, so it might just be a glitch.

5. Hi
    I also opted for Zoom over other options before I left the school I was at. My "old" department there all love the book and the many resources such as the so-called Oxbox incl. (very recently produced) videos and interactive tasks. The book is very well structured and not loaded with too many distracting visuals but still appealing to the age group (KS 3). Some books can be crammed with stuff but this is indeed very übersichtlich. Students find things quicker and are more likely to look things up again independently etc.
    Also, it's the first year in a very long time that there are now 5 full German groups (usually only about 2 with around 20-25 students) going into GCSE course next year with more students opting for German than French!!
    I'd say it's a success.