1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

George Stephenson Y2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sparkles28, Dec 17, 2006.

1. I'm thinking about looking at George Stephenson instead of Florence Nightingale. Has anyone covered this topic before and if so any hints for resources?

2. I'm thinking about looking at George Stephenson instead of Florence Nightingale. Has anyone covered this topic before and if so any hints for resources?

3. York National railway museum is fantastic. You can also get the brochure as you walk in which has some good info in it.They have some really good books in the book shop too if you're willing to buy them and have a large library on the 1st floor where your class could do some research.
    In addition, they have a replica of the coach which carried the first passengers and sometimes do train rides on the rocket too. There's also a lot of smaller replicas in the storage room and you can see them restoring trains in the workshop.
    It's fab - i've been there loads of times with my 4 year old! [​IMG]