1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Geography visitor to Primary School

Discussion in 'Geography' started by vapowell, Feb 28, 2012.

1. As a co-ordinator in a primary school I have been asked to organise a visitor to come into school to do an activity/workshop/assembly etc. I have no ideas! Has anybody had a visit that was particularly good or can recommend somebody? I have no particular topic it has to be as long as it is linked to Geography in some way ... I don't know where to start ... any suggestions will be gratefully received [​IMG] We are based in Bedfordshire.
    Thanks!

2. jwraft

jwraft New commenter

We recently had Our World Week where each class took a country and did a week of work based around that country. During the week we had a company called Outdoor Education come in, who delivered a workshop to each class based on their country. They were really fun and the kids really enjoyed it. I'm based in East Riding of Yorkshire though, but there'll surely be something similar in your area?

3. Thanks! Will have a look!