1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Geography trip follow up work - your opinions on my activities if possible

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ceri2evans, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Hi
    Just wondering your opinions on my follow up activities to a Geography field trip my year 3 class and I just went on.

We have just been to our local town centre and carried out a questionnaire to the public (asking how they travelled there, how often they go there, etc). Soon we will be visiting Cardiff Bay and we will compare cardiff bay to our Caerphilly Town Centre.

These are the follow up activities I have in mind to do on our local town centre.

1. Art - making buildings from the town centre i.e shops, supermarket, band stand, visitor centre and castle.

2. Use their visit knowledge to produce a birds eye view of the lay out of the town.

As an English link I thought they could write a report on their local town, reporting on transport links, main attractions etc.

As another English link I thought they could write a letter (recount: letter to familiar audience) to another child in the school to tell them about the local town and report back on their questionnaire findings.

When we do go to Cardiff bay i was going to use venn diagrams to compare and contrast their local town to Cardiff bay.

What do you think of these follow up activities? Do you think there is enough Geography skills in them?
    Just wondering what follow up work anyone else has done from a Geography field trip?

Thanks in advance for any comments

2. Hi
    Just wondering your opinions on my follow up activities to a Geography field trip my year 3 class and I just went on.

We have just been to our local town centre and carried out a questionnaire to the public (asking how they travelled there, how often they go there, etc). Soon we will be visiting Cardiff Bay and we will compare cardiff bay to our Caerphilly Town Centre.

These are the follow up activities I have in mind to do on our local town centre.

1. Art - making buildings from the town centre i.e shops, supermarket, band stand, visitor centre and castle.

2. Use their visit knowledge to produce a birds eye view of the lay out of the town.

As an English link I thought they could write a report on their local town, reporting on transport links, main attractions etc.

As another English link I thought they could write a letter (recount: letter to familiar audience) to another child in the school to tell them about the local town and report back on their questionnaire findings.

When we do go to Cardiff bay i was going to use venn diagrams to compare and contrast their local town to Cardiff bay.

What do you think of these follow up activities? Do you think there is enough Geography skills in them?
    Just wondering what follow up work anyone else has done from a Geography field trip?

Thanks in advance for any comments