1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Geography Schemes

Discussion in 'Geography' started by Happy Chappy, Mar 19, 2011.

1. HI
    I need a little help- I have just taken over as Humanities Co-ordinator and have been looking at curriculum coverage in the school (taken me hours!!!). The previous co-ordinator was looking at getting a scheme in (Badgers) so that Geography would be better covered. From what I can see we need to improve only some areas, so children can undertake more fieldwork in topics taught, which I don't think would be affected by buying in a scheme.

I don't really want to rock the boat and upset majority of teachers in school by changing too much at once. Are there any Geography experts who could give me a little advice. I want to make sure that there is good progression in skills being taught at every level- from Foundation to Year 6 - is it better to have a scheme or not (will this be the case with a scheme!! as some are not that good).
    Please suggest useful schemes- or topic ideas for year groups as at the moment we seem to covering same in Year 1 and 2.
    Thanks in advance

2. I know this is a busy time of year with parent's evening etc but are there any Geography Co-ordinators out there?? I really need some guidance. Please!!!

3. Have you tried posting in Primary? Sorry I can't help as I teach secondary. Good luck with it.

4. thanks- haven't tried as thought Geography would be best option- perhaps not. I will post on Primary too. Thanks