1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Geography PGCE

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by ria-ria, Feb 17, 2011.

1. I just got invited for interview at Coleraine for a PGCE in Geography. This will be my first interview and I really wanna get accepted as its close to home and I dont really want to have to move to England. Anyone else had or have geography PGCE interviews in coleraine and is there any questions i should expect. A written assignment is a portion of the interview that i am worried about as the topic will be given to me on the day and i dont have any idea what to expect. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

2. I just got invited for interview at Coleraine for a PGCE in Geography. This will be my first interview and I really wanna get accepted as its close to home and I dont really want to have to move to England. Anyone else had or have geography PGCE interviews in coleraine and is there any questions i should expect. A written assignment is a portion of the interview that i am worried about as the topic will be given to me on the day and i dont have any idea what to expect. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

3. There is a PGCE forum for help on this and there may be people in a similar position posting there.
    Your skills in English and Maths may be tested, so the former may be something to focus on. You will also be interviewed and with all due respect, as an interviewer, they may want to hear a more 'education based' reason why you would want to join their training scheme (especially if it's popular).

4. I just got my interview invite to Coleraine for Geography too! Any help on what to expect would be very much appreciated!

5. Going by current trends you may be asked:
    "Can you teach RE and/or History?"

6. gud4age

gud4age New commenter

I was thinking the same , three years qualified less and less geography.

7. DM

DM New commenter

Listen! Can you hear the hooves of the Ebac thundering to your rescue?

8. Hopefully there will be a change before 3 interesting subjects (well relatively...ok..mildly) become replaced on the time table by "Humanities"......which will get further and further watered down