1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Geography Challenge Day-for primary children

Discussion in 'Geography' started by sushi_sue, Jan 22, 2011.

1. I'm a 2nd year primary school teacher-and Geography co-ordinator and have just been asked by my head to host a Geography Challenge day for 12-14 talented and able Year 6 pupils from my school and some neighbouring schools in the last week of this half-term. I was wondering if any schools had hosted anything like this before-for Year 7 perhaps, or know any thing about this type of thing?
    Ideas that have been put to me by my head, have been along the lines, of 4 people kidnapped and hidden in 4 different locations in the world and it's up the the teams of children to find the exact location by completing levels that bring them closer to the hiding places. For example, the first level might be to find the continent, with the last level pinpointing a building in a city etc.
    I just don't know where to start, and with such little time, I'm already panicking! Any ideas or suggestions would be very gratefully received!
    Thanks SS

2. I'm a 2nd year primary school teacher-and Geography co-ordinator and have just been asked by my head to host a Geography Challenge day for 12-14 talented and able Year 6 pupils from my school and some neighbouring schools in the last week of this half-term. I was wondering if any schools had hosted anything like this before-for Year 7 perhaps, or know any thing about this type of thing?
    Ideas that have been put to me by my head, have been along the lines, of 4 people kidnapped and hidden in 4 different locations in the world and it's up the the teams of children to find the exact location by completing levels that bring them closer to the hiding places. For example, the first level might be to find the continent, with the last level pinpointing a building in a city etc.
    I just don't know where to start, and with such little time, I'm already panicking! Any ideas or suggestions would be very gratefully received!
    Thanks SS